12.18.2008

Ignorance would be bliss.

2 months ago or so, when I was going through the whole sudden, significant spike in blood pressure crisis (by the way, it apparently resolved itself within 2 weeks, my BP is now back down to normal) my GP ran my blood and urine. Bloods were normal, but he said I had microalbumin in my urine. He said it warranted further investigation, but believed my multivitamins may have somehow given a false positive.

Anyways, I decided to do my own Chemstrip dipstick urine at the clinic last week. No microalbumin or albumin, but:

Sample had the highest readable specific gravity of the strip. Pretty sure I'm not dehydrated, either.
Positive for occult blood at a moderate level.
Positive for bilirubin.

I don't have any symptoms. I'm sure if I thought long and hard about it, I could think some up... like the weird morning stomachaches, but I know they're all really benign (I'm pretty darn sure I get those stomachaches because I often eat right before bed). I'm afraid I'm becoming a hypochondriac or something, but I definitely wasn't hallucinating the results on the strip... I even had a coworker double-check them. Who knows? I'm not worrying about it yet, but it's on the back of my mind.

2 comments:

Fishysmommy said...

Hahaha, yeah after a while you start to ignore anything about yourself because you realize that you will become a hypocondriac if you don't. That and you realize you are healthier than most the people you transport (best med list i have ever seen was over 40 meds!)

JS said...

When are you going to write again? I want to know how it worked out with the guy? JS