6.09.2010

ICU

I just got offered a position as a full-time ICU tech and I'm taking it.

I'm very excited, nervous, etc. One of the things that has struck me is that in the next few months I will almost certainly work a code... something I have never done before. I will be boning up on my BLS, among many other things.

I've been reading around on nursing forums, and the advice one seasoned ICU nurse/former CNA had for a ICU tech struck me... "don't  be intimidated of all the tubes and machines... don't be scared... but RESPECT them."

Will keep in mind.

2 comments:

Linuss said...

You'll do find girl.

If I could handle the seemingly 50 miles of tubing by myself in the back of the ambulance the other night, you can handle some too :)

Transport Jockey said...

Congrats Lucid! It's fun to work in an ICU. And you'll learn a hell of a lot just watching and asking.