10.05.2008

Pissed.

I'm really pissed.

It really pisses me off that I don't have any answers about my high blood pressure.

It really pisses me off that I have to miss school for doctor's appointments.

It really pisses me off that I have to walk around with electrodes and wires strapped to my chest so I can't wear certain shirts... and this stupid device makes an annoying beeping noise all the time.

It really pisses me off that despite being young, eating fairly well, being a healthy weight, and exercising regularly I might have primary hypertension. I don't smoke. I don't drink a lot of caffeine. I don't eat a lot of salt. I don't have any known family history of it. I know this makes me sound like a bitch but I thought most people with primary hypertension were either old, obese, or had crazy family history of it. Why me?

It really pisses me off that my systolic BP suddenly went up 30 points in less than 2 weeks, without having ever increased at all before, and my cardiologist doesn't seem to think that's a big deal.

It really pisses me off that every time I call the cardiac monitoring service to transmit the events my monitor spontaneously records, they won't tell me what the rhythm is.

1 comment:

tracy said...

Geeze, i'm so sorry....wish i knew what to say. i can only imagine how awful it must be to not know, that somehow seems like the very worst part. Plus having to try to do all that you do while wearing your "electrode vest".

i wish you the very best. Love you blog, sorry for not commenting.

tracy ("desk emt-b")