5.27.2008

2008, so far, in life experiences.

20 Things I've done this year that I'll probably never forget:

1. Learned how to drive.

2. Learned how to self arrest on a glacier.

3. Got promoted to Sgt., then Lt.

4. Became a legal adult.

5. Started my EMT class. (almost done!!)

6. Stuck a tube down someone's nose. Scrubbed a burnt hand. Cut away some clothes. Cleaned up a ton of blood, vomit, and poo.

7. Cut a vehicle into pieces using powerful hydraulic tools.

8. Celebrated New Years in Miami

9. Battled the DMV, causing a huge stink which eventually lead to them changing an unfair rule.

10. Landed a helicopter.

11. Held a human heart that was nearly the size of a basketball.

12. Graduated from High School.

13. Played paintball with the SWAT team in the interest of training.

14. Received the Danny Dietz Scholarship of Honor.

15. Treated my first patient.

16. Did a bust with the Sheriff's Office.

17. Did my first rappel in the middle of the night in death fog on wet rocks.

18. Published my last newspaper.

19. Finally started physical therapy for my jacked up knees.

20. Learned how to talk to patients.


It's been an amazing year so far. I've learned and experienced so much, and I feel so incredibly blessed. I hope I never lose this sense of wonder, anticipation and enthusiasm that I have for life right now, even though I probably will. It seems that the real world tends to beat that out of people. Oh well, I'll find my way.

2 comments:

Justin said...

sound like a pretty damn good year to me

JS said...

Sounds like you have had a very interesting year. Keep up the good work! Shepp