5.08.2008

Lt. Lucid returns

Hello everyone. First of all I am still alive. My home computer is dead, and I've just been unbelievably painfully busy with taking in the new class for my SAR team, overhauling all of our medical equipment and reorganizing our cabinets, helping with the rebirth of our bike team, finishing up my requirements for my EMT class, responding to calls, meeting newspaper deadlines, etc etc.

On Tue. I worked my ass off from 4 am - 9:30 pm, on 3 hours of sleep, with no break. There's been plenty of 17-18 hour days. It's hellish, but I love being so productive. I have the art of biting off the maximum that I can chew and nothing more down to a science.

Second of all... I've been promoted! Yay. You can call me Lieutenant now. I'm now in charge of training, operations, and two sergeants & their field teams, in addition to the tasks I already have.

I have three events on my list to recount for you once I get the chance - my extrication lab in which we cut up cars and landed a helicopter, my 2nd ambulance ride-along in which I got my first real taste of trauma, and the search I went on Tuesday, in which I hiked for miles looking for someone who would run away from his rescuers once found. Stay tuned.

I'll also be checking out your bloggins that I have missed so much as soon as I have the time!! :)

3 comments:

JS said...

Glad to see you are back. I can't wait to hear your stories. Congrats on yout promotion Lt. Shepp

JS said...

Hey, by the way. I have some pics you might like on my myspace. Checkem out and let me know what you think. Look at the fire dept and fema albums. www.myspace.com/islandair
Shepp

Derek Elwell said...

Conga rats! :D