8.25.2008

Designer scrubs

I found an even better job with more patient care at a OB GYN clinic associated with my school. I interviewed for it today, and hopefully I'll get it.

I got bored and started browsing online for scrubs, because I'll probably need 2 sets for this job. It's cracking me up though, because there's all these designer scrub companies like...


Baby Phat Scrubs by Kimora Lee Simmons - includes the "Leopard Chic" and "Bling" collections.

Scrubs, by a sexy fake doctor!

Going along with the Katherine Heigl collection is the Grey's Anatomy Scrub collection!


Man, I dig the cool colors and fits and stuff... but people need to realize that no matter how much you try to stylize the uniform, you're still wearing pajamas to work.

5 comments:

Epijunky said...

Seriously?

I guess I shouldn't be shocked that Izzy has her own line of scrubs. Yet I am. And kinda put off by it.

I'm a fan of the SpongeBob scrubs myself. Just sayin'.

JS said...

Hopr you get the other OB job... Working the road is way more fun. Good luck. JS

Lucid said...

Working the road unfortunately also pays minimum wage, half of what I'd make in the hospital! Most ambulance companies out here won't hire me anyways because I'm under 21.

JS said...

It doesn't pay as much as the hospital, but you and your partner are on your own, no supervisor breathing down your neck. There is something very cool about knowing the only reason this person is living is because of you and your skills alone. You can't get that in the hospital, there is always a doc or nurse pushing you out of the way so they can get there. Running a good code, just you and your partner. A nurse will never understand that. Sure there is no money in being on the road, but I didn't get into EMS to make money, I got into it to help people.... Just my thoughts. good luck to you in anything you want to do. JS

Anonymous said...

Hey, at least all the scrubs aren't skinny legs + elasticized cuffs anymore! Nothing says tacky like those pants!