8.29.2008

I couldn't help it...


But really... kudos to my lovely, bunny-rescuing local fire dept. (sometimes they save people too).

Actually, I feel obligated to point out just how phenomenal these people are, and how honored I am to work with them on calls, trainings and the ride-alongs they've graciously allowed to me to come on.

If this call isn't one of the most amazing, most expertly-handled calls you've ever read about, seen or heard about, you're lying.

A lawn worker struck by a car, drug underneath it for a distance, and then pinned and trapped, left with an evisceration through his back along with other injuries.

Total scene time, with extrication: 5 minutes and 26 seconds.

Time from 911 call to comprehensive care at a level 1 trauma center: < 20 min.

Best part of it all: the patient lives.

1 comment:

CoryTraumaRN said...

Sounds like a patient I had once. It truly is amazing what can be done and the lives that are saved. That Golden Hour........