11.22.2008

The things I treasure most.

  1. Adventure. Going new places, trying new things, challenging myself to step outside my comfort zone.
  2. Laughter. Being with friends and laughing so hard it feels like we did 100 sit-ups the next morning. Generally laughing my way through the little slip-ups and setbacks of life.
  3. Sex. Indulging in others and myself. Embracing the fact that I am a sexual being and enjoying my time as a relatively attractive young woman, which doesn't always mean having intercourse.
  4. Making a difference. Particularly for people in crisis. I don't find it depressing that I regularly see people experiencing the worst times of their lives because I am empowered to make things better for them, at least a little bit. Nothing is more rewarding than knowing that you've had a real positive impact on someone's life, even if your interaction with them was short-lived.
  5. Learning. I feel wiser and more capable everyday. This goes along with teaching, something I have recently begun doing and have found to be more of a learning experience than anything.

3 comments:

JS said...

I would have put making a difference before sex... I could not have sex agian, before I could give up The people I help! And i do really like sex. JS

JS said...

I really need to proof read my comments... my spelling is really bad! JS

Lucid said...

Haha it's in no particular order, and don't worry about the mistakes, I don't really notice them and I used to copy edit a newspaper :)