9.04.2008

First day at the OB GYN clinic...

I don't think I'll have any desire to have sex again for about 10 years...

You know what though, it's good experience to have, there's a lot of openings in the OB GYN field. ;)

Any weird insecurities I've had about my own genitalia have now been erased.

The place is oozing with estrogen. It's quite a change of pace from my usual gang of SAR buddies, who are all men.

The area of the clinic that I work in exists solely to educate new OB GYN interns and medical students, so there are no nurses. Just medical assistants (my position), attendings, residents, and med students. This is great news for me because a. it's a teaching environment and b. I do a lot of "nursing" work - like intake, history taking, blood draws, Rhogam injections, instrument passing in procedures, discharge, etc.

I really like it though. Great patient care experience. The staff is awesome too.

2 comments:

.. said...

What I would do to have your job!

JS said...

Glad you like it! I'm sur you will be great at it! JS