6.11.2008

adventure time

So a couple of guys from the team have welcomed me into a tradition for the past couple of weeks. I dubbed it adventure time.

The first time they taught me how to rappel at night in death fog.

The second time I was supposed to rappel - it was again the middle of the night- but 3 0f them went over the edge first only to discover that only one of their ropes hit bottom... and bottom was a gigantic crevasse. So I didn't get to rappel but we did have a good time and found an epic set of rocks.

Apparently next time we are going to create a completely gigantic slip and slide with several tarps and copious amounts of dish soap. I can't wait. (Location? I voted for the Sand Dunes)

On a side note, I always assumed that one day I would be an EMS educator. I figured that I would love to one day teach people all about emergency medical care. But today I gave the entire probationary class a crash course in topics such as medical direction, confidentiality, scope of practice, negligence, BSI, etc and skills such as c-spine immob., back boarding, bleeding control, basic shock treatment, and splinting.

It was hard. I got so freakin' bored of explaining the same simple concept over and over again to people who weren't paying attention. And I got sick of supervising their patient packaging and correcting all of them... I think I will have to shoot myself if I ever have to say "this strap needs to be tighter" ever again. Man I have much more respect for my EMS intstructors now.

No comments: