1.13.2009

My 2 seconds of "fame"

Here's the aforementioned news clip. I'm pretty much the only person not wearing a black and gray jacket, with the sexy blue/green gloves.

And no, for those who are newish to my blog, I am not in high school. I recently "graduated" the team but continue to volunteer in the field and act as an instructor. I was a lieutenant during my tenure as a regular, high school student member, but officer positions are filled by youth only (except for the chief staff) and they are completely in charge in the field. So officers automatically lose their rank the fall after graduating high school. It's pretty crazy, but it works well. The leadership is continually refreshed and it brings new blood in command constantly, which can be difficult but has definite advantages. Anyways. It's pretty cool. Kudos to our Chief - he deserves that award. Kudos to his wife as well - who you can see playing patient in the clip.

1 comment:

JS said...

you did great! JS