1.11.2009

When the world is watching

Our Chief was honored with some "heroes" award by a major local TV news station. They wanted to film a segment of us running through a quick training, so we staged a search and carryout for them.

I was the primary medical - just treating a simple isolated tibfib fx. I felt like I did a good job, but it was only after the fact that it really hit me. This segment is going to run 6 times on a major network. Hundreds of thousands of people are going to see me. It's not the laypeople that make me nervous, it's the idea of hundreds of EMTs, medics, nurses, etc watching me. Scrutinizing my every move. What if I made some small f-up and didn't even realize it, or they edit it in a way that makes me look bad?

It airs in 3 hours. I'm glad they aren't using my name.

3 comments:

JS said...

Glad u r back, missed you! Let me know where on the web I can find the news clip of you guys. Don't be nervous, I'm sure you did better than I would have. JS

Anonymous said...

you looked fine..... hollywood style

Fishysmommy said...

I think someone owes us virtual Ice cream...