4.14.2008

Am-boo-lance

So I had my first ambulance ride-along yesterday. It went well... too well.

I loved being on scene. I loved the challenge of building a rapport with patients and initiating the assessment/treatment of them in such a short amount of time. I loved the autonomy of the ambulance. I loved being in the patient's homes and catching a glimpse of their life. I loved walking into situations without really knowing what was wrong. I loved the look of relief on the face of the family members when we pulled up. I loved chatting with the crew.

Shepp you're right. Being 0ut in the field is addictive.

I had planned on working as an ER tech because it pays better and it would give me a good head start on my nursing aspirations. I don't know anymore. I think I'd like the field more.

3 comments:

JS said...

We do the same thing they do, we just do it at 70 mph!

Derek Elwell said...

Doesn't seem like there are any jobs for EMT grads around here. At least not ones that don't pay any better than $7.50 an hour for a private company.

Kal said...

*grin*
Addictive, innit?