3.20.2008

50 years and still searching... What a half century of SAR looks like.

Our SAR team was founded in 1957... the second team in the state. Here's some then vs. now for you. Notice the addition of girls to the team... that happened in the early 90's. Now half of the Officer Staff is female, including the Captain and myself. Some of these pictures may be from as early as 1957.

By the way, notice those ugly white helmets? It seems that at one point they were required for like... everything. Going on a line search? Wear a helmet. Treating a victim? Wear a helmet. Securing the perimeter at a crime scene? Better wear your helmet!

On second thought, it may not be a bad idea for us to re-implement that rule, considering the completely freakish number of concussions a particular member has acquired in a short amount of time doing relatively non-dangerous activities.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

is that going in your powa pooint

JS said...

Hey, my name is John. I like your blog very much. I linked to it from crzegrl.net. I would like to put a link to it from my blog as well.(Life and Times of a Fat Fireman). Please let me know if this is ok with you. contact me at my blog or eagle2229@hotmail.com or resqdvrshepp@yahoo.com. thank you.
Shepp

JS said...

Thanx for the ego boost! Shepp