3.14.2008

Stupid answers

I was using the workbook for my EMT class when I couldn't help but notice how stupid some of the potential answers for multiple choice questions are. Here are some gems, stated as a complete sentence, with the answer portion bolded. Comments in parentheses.

When a patient begins to vomit, it is essential that you have a blood pressure cuff ready to go at the patient's side.

To determine a patient's skin temperature, the EMT-B should listen carefully with a stethoscope.

During the assessment of an infant or child patient avoid eye contact at all times.
(that's how they consume your soul)

If a patient stands in a corner of the room with fists clenched and screaming obscenities, you should challenge the patient in an attempt to calm him.

When suctioning a newborn insert the syringe about 22 inches into the baby's mouth.
(You'll know you've done it correctly once you penetrate the skull and see it coming out the back of the head.)





4 comments:

Epijunky said...

Heheheheh okay, that was funny :)

And i have no doubt at some point in time someone picked the answer you mention to the last question.

I found you through Crzegrl-Emily. Good stuff you have here ;)

Anonymous said...

Lucid, Stumbled over here from Emily's crzegrl blog, glad she mentioned you, I had fun cruisin around here. Keep up with the good stuff!

B.J.

Unknown said...

Hilarious. I wish I could have saved copies of some of the nursing exams, some of the choices had me almost falling out of my chair laughing. The needle one is my favorite.

Julie said...

Very funny. Found you from crzegrl. Love the last one (22inches)