3.09.2008

A lovely day of SWAT training

The Cap'n and I headed out to the boonies today to play in SWAT trainings. This was my second SWAT training experience, but last time we were working with the new guys and no TEMS (tactical EMS) medics. This time we were playing with the seasoned SWAT officers and three TEMS medics.

So this is how their trainings work for us... we show up at some strange location and basically play paintball with the SWAT team. It pretty much rocks. Today we were in a big field and I played the daughter of a crazy man screwing up the DNC by wielding a knife and parking in the middle of the road with his two kids in the back, the getaway driver for a pair of bank robbers, and a hooded hostage.

I was hoping to get shot by one of their special paintball/bullet things because on Tue. I'm playing patient for a paramedic class and I wanted them to freak out if I was a trauma pt. and they had to strip me down and see huge welts... I figured it would add to the realism. Unfortunately I was only shot once in the back by one of the bank robbers and I was wearing a bullet proof vest at the time so I didn't even feel it.

No comments: