1.26.2008

death by inhalation of poop-vomit

I can't get over this... hahaha. I was browsing around this awesome blog... when I came upon a link to a study on "Death From Clozapine-Induced Constipation". Clozapine is used to treat schizophrenia, and apparently a couple of people taking it have become so constipated they've vomited their own poop, inhaled it into their lungs and died due to pulmonary shit-dema.

I quote the study:

"The aforementioned fatality, described by Drew and
Herdson,3 occurred in a 49-year-old man with paranoid
schizophrenia who was treated with clozapine (500 mg/day)
for 2 years. He died unexpectedly in a psychiatric ward.
Postmortem examination revealed severe pulmonary
edema secondary to inhalation of feculent vomitus"

Wow what an awesome way to die!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All I can say about that is H O L Y S H I T!!