1.19.2008

I'm going to be one of those medical textbook photo people.

A while ago I pondered the origins and situations of the people in medical textbook photos. Now I know where some are harvested: the classes that utilize the textbooks.

The company that makes my EMT text are coming out with a new edition, and they badly need a photo update. All of the models in the current text scream early nineties like only scrunchies, stripes and sneakers can. So, in a couple of months they'll pay students from my class to model for various photos.

Obviously I want to do this. Something about the whole idea makes me giggle on the inside: imagining the hundreds of thousands of students who will look at how strange and bland I look. Eventually I'll look really dated.... to the point that most people couldn't imagine actually encountering me unless they happened to take a time machine back to their childhood.

I'm praying I get an especially bloody, embarrassing or awkward assignment. I'm not willing to take it as far as Mr.Closeup-Video-of-Rectal-Thermometer-Insertion (true story), but I'd love to be Miss Remove-The-Pencil-From-My-Cheek or Miss Bleeding-From-My-Scalp-With-Ridiculous-Head-Bandages.

No comments: